Grinch List #7: Mall kiosks
The last few Decembers I have made a Grinch List– things that I would steal from the holiday season if I could. This year I’m going to try to turn that list into something positive. Along with the reasons I am annoyed by each item, I will try to find a solution–an angle to adjust the way I feel about it in order to celebrate the season appropriately. I can’t promise I will change my mind about anything, but I can attempt to change my attitude.
Let me save you some time:
- I am aware of the healing properties of minerals from the Dead Sea.
- I do not need new insulation in my attic.
- I am happy with my current bathtub.
- I am still under contract with my current cell phone plan.
- I don’t buy unlicensed NFL gear.
- I don’t wear a watch.
- I don’t need any more cell phone accessories. Really? A case with Hello Kitty dressed like Batman? Oh, this is for the iPhone 3G…no one has that anymore.
- Yes, Yes I will need a bandage. The rotors on that helicopter are sharper than you’d think.
I dislike the mall anyway, but when you turn it into some sort of bizarre open-air bazaar, it becomes downright scary. But these people have jobs and Americans are spending and receiving money, so instead of being upset and mean when I have to walk through 43 sales pitches on my way to the food court I’ll remember that…
Christmas is a great time for people to earn some extra cash and I am grateful that there are opportunities for those who need it.
What about you? What are your favorite products sold at mall kiosks?