Having the Right vs. Being Right
I love local news.
When I saw the story this statement that I have heard many times popped into my head:
Just because you have the right to do something doesn’t mean it is right to do it.
- The minister had the right to ignore the restaurant’s policy of adding 18% gratuity to large parties.
- The minister had the right to write the comment.
- The minister had the right to compare her gifts to God to her gifts the wait staff.
- The waitress had the right to publicly post a picture of the receipt.
- The minister had the right to call the restaurant and complain about the employees reaction.
- The restaurant had the right to fire the waitress.
The last one is the only right that I will defend as right.
What do you think, was anyone right in this situation?