30 Days of Thanks #24- The Good in the Bad
Throughout the month of November I am writing about the first thing for which I am consciously thankful each day. I am doing this simply as a way to be more intentionally grateful. For more on this project, check out the first one or even last year’s 30 Days of Thanks.
This Thanksgiving season I’ve heard three different people mention that being thankful in all things is looking for the bright side to your problems. So I’m going to try that today:
- I have a headache…I’m thankful I have the ability to feel pain and that it is only in my head.
- I am overweight and have eaten even more in the past few days…I’m thankful that I am not starving and that I have the ability (if not the willpower) to do something about it.
- I got a double-bogey after a losing a ball on hole #2 today…I am thankful that I was on the golf course and that #2 was my worst hole.
- My kids can be very annoying…I am grateful that I have three healthy kids who are enjoyable to be around most of the time.
- My wife insisted on putting up the Christmas tree 40 days before Christmas…I am grateful that she cares enough about our home to make sure it is decorated before the Christmas season becomes overwhelming.
Today, November 24,.I am grateful that my problems really are pretty pitiful when compared with the blessings that go along with them.